Automation for the People: How the Robots Make Your SOC More Human-Dependent
To paraphrase Mark Twain, reports that robots are coming for your jobs have been greatly exaggerated. Yes, AI and machine learning are unstoppable forces, but their biggest benefit may be making an organization’s most important assets — its employees — happier and more productive.
Perhaps no place is this more apparent than in the security operations center. Automation is arriving at exactly the right time to help SOCs treat their biggest torments, including an unceasing bombardment of alerts that are taxing staff to the breaking point. With automation, threats get solved faster and efficiency grows by leaps and bounds. But it also frees up humans to work on needle-moving investigations that require creativity, intuition and critical thinking.
Michael Leland, CTO of the Americas at McAfee, has seen this symbiotic relationship actualize firsthand within many SOCs. But making it happen is not as easy as flipping on a switch. In this Q&A webinar, Leland will describe:
- Why we are in a “security perfect storm” right now.
- How to achieve better automation for your security operations.
- Where humans are best served to make their mark in the SOC.
- What poodles and fried chicken can teach you about getting to 100% accuracy.
- How McAfee and SOAR from Siemplify fit in.