SANS Report: Closing the Critical Skills Gap for Modern and Effective SOCs
Against the backdrop of a pandemic, new security operations research from SANS shows that human talent, supported by a strong investment in skills development and training, is the prime prerequisite to enabling organizations to leverage the benefits of advanced security solutions, address emerging cloud security needs and retain analysts and engineers for the longest.
CISOs and SOC managers who can reduce or close this critical skills gap have the highest probability of minimizing business impact from cyberattacks when budgets and staffing are constrained.From that skills base, sophisticated technology and tools can be used as a force multiplier.
Download this research survey to better understand:
- How many companies experienced turnover in 2019 and which plan to be hiring in 2020.
- Where hiring managers are sourcing potential new hires.
- Which skill areas are most sought after.
- What security services most organizations outsource.
- Which security technologies are perceived as enabling organizations to delay or mitigate the need for additional staff.