Solution Engineer (Professional Services)
Sick of being bored at work? Here’s your chance to join the best Professional Services team in cybersecurity. You’ll have an opportunity to pump those brain muscles, while building expertise in a booming niche market, SOAR (Security, Orchestration, Automation, Response). Crave challenge? Excitement? Do you want to surround yourself with some of the smartest people in Security? As a part of the Siemplify Professional Services team, you will be part of bleeding-edge innovation.
What you will get
- Exposure to the inner workings of SOCs all over the world
- Refine your Security knowledge and help the globes top experts automate their SOC processes
- Be part of an amazing team – We work hard AND have even more fun
- Save the World from bad guys
The professional services team’s primary focus is post-sales support of Siemplify. We are responsible for being the experts on the product and in cyber response. We help design complicated playbooks, develop custom integrations, assist with system migrations, educate the customer on best practices, help troubleshoot complicated issues, and be an evangelist for Siemplify.
We are seeking proven high performers who have consistently achieved success against challenging objectives and are looking for the next great opportunity. As a Solution Engineer, you will work directly with pre and post-sales stage customers to enable their adoption of the Siemplify SOAR platform.
The position requires a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who follows a structured approach for designing & implementing IT security solutions. The consultant mentors team members and shares experience and knowledge every day. His/her ability to learn new technologies, products, or solutions are recognized.
What you will be doing
- Develops a thorough understanding of customer engagement (objectives, project scope, business, and technical requirements)
- Leads technical conversations to clarify and assess all aspects of an engagement; from security use case planning, architecture, BI reporting, incident response
- Plays a driving role in scoping meetings and helps in developing statements of work with the relevant work breakdown structures based on accurate analysis of customers’ requirements
- Participates in design workshops with customers and/or partners and provides input as necessary
- Develops and improves project related documents with any required technical architecture diagrams
- Performs deployment, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of the Siemplify platform
- Contributes to Professional Services collateral such as templates, methodologies, best practices, or lessons learned
- Works closely with services and sales organizations
- Examine customer security use cases and assist in the building of advanced automation playbooks within Siemplify
- Develop new Siemplify Integrations and actions using Python
- Analyze and resolve customer problems effectively in a timely manner
To be successful as a Professional Services Engineer, you should have:
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience in a Pre or Post sales advanced technical role
- Previous experience in leading large Enterprise Pilots/Implementations & Deployments /Proof of Concepts/
- Project Management skills
- Teaching skills and the ability to lead training sessions
- Process analysis, problem-solving, and listening skills
- Effective communication skills and comfortable presenting ideas, solutions, and concepts to others
- Strong customer-facing and relationship skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships and to interact effectively at all levels of an organization.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a segment of IT Security: ie, Security Operations/Engineering, Incident Response, SOC Analyst, and SIEM systems
- A solid understanding and experience in the following: Threat Intelligence, Cloud Security, Network Security, Vulnerability and Risk Management, Endpoint Security Technologies, Identity, and Access Management
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions; SIEM, EDR, IAM, Email Protection, etc.
- 2+ years of Software development/programming experience with any major programming language (Python, C#, etc.’)
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs and other system integration technologies.
- Able to write complex SQL queries.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux platforms such as RHEL 6/7/8 & CentOS
- Working knowledge of containerization and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory, and I/O)
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS/SAN technologies
- Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot databases (Postgres, MSSQL) and web application systems.
- Experience with cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Certifications: Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC.
Why should you join us?
Made up of dedicated security operations experts in New York, Tel Aviv and everywhere in between, our team is deeply committed to helping SOC teams identify, investigate, and remediate threats more effectively and efficiently. We uniquely blend technical expertise with robust, hands-on SecOps experience to address the operational challenges of leading security organizations around the world. And we try to have a little bit of fun along the way.
Siemplify provides an attractive compensation package consisting of a base salary, commission, and comprehensive benefits.
Location: US remote